Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunday bloody Sunday

Still no rain and just about the entire states of Victoria and NSW still on fire altho I did see where cooler conditions are making life easier for fire-fighters. Sydney recorded its hottest day ever a couple of days ago, Friday I think, where they recorded 45c. NOW can we talk about climate change? The monsoon moisture has moved into the NT finally so we can now start out wet season. Interestingly, 20 years ago the same weather pattern was recorded and then 20 years before that. It is as dry as tinder outside and living in the bush in a timber house is a little unsettling when the rest of the country is on fire. Rain , just bloody rain ffs...................
Underlining cut and ready to hand baste
Muslin pieces for the bodice and midriff band

 There has been progress made on the couture dress with bodice cut and hand-basted together. Today I will do the midriff band and sew it to the bodice. I have chosen a beautiful black medium weight woven with a blingy thread running through it. The pic does not do it justice, black is very hard to photograph.



Why does blogger make it so hard to position pictures??????????


I have signed up for the fitting class at Craftsy and also the Silk class. What a great format that is. Really easy to use and very well presented. I have learnt so much already and I am sure I will learn so much more.






 The finished McCalls 6163. I am very happy with this dress. It is easy to wear and nicely drafted. I removed the collar and sewed a band to the neckline instead. I had to sew the sleeves to the front and back pieces then put it on Miranda to change the shape of the neckline. There was very little re-shaping involved, really just trimming the point where the front sleeve seams met the neckline. The band stops the neck from gaping. 
Two patterns arrived from Etsy this week and I have big plans for both of them.
Also two new fabrics arrived home from the shops. The left one is a beautiful silky chiffon which is heading off to someone else but the spot stays with me! Another beautiful silky chiffon that will be a bitch to sew but a joy to wear.


 Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment