Friday 25 January 2013

New Vogues

I love waking up to find a whole new season of patterns has been released. Such was the case this morning when I found that Vogue has shown us their take on spring 2013 in the northern hemisphere. I am ambivalent about a lot of them but there are a couple of standouts. The skirt on the Guy Laroche dress is just beautiful.
V1339
I can see this made up in a drapey chiffon.
 I like this Sandra Betzina dress to but I think there are much better fabric choices out there.V1336
This could get very Desigual with the right fabrics.
V8886I love the neckline on this one and can see me making it up into the dress in maybe a silk. I would extend the sleeve down into a 3/4 length. The pants look really comfy too.
V8885 V8885
Is this girl about to hail a cab or throw a dart? How pretty and feminine is this.  I will def be making a couple of these. Look at how nice the back is.

I think this striped one has potential and could make a great dress.


V8881
V8881













For me that is about all that caught my eye. Once I see the others made up differently by the many talented girls sewing around the world I will probably change my mind on a few. That is exactly what happened with Vogue 8771. I wasn't really in love with any pictures of it but ordered the pattern  anyway as it was cheap and I needed more tops that weren't just t-shirts. I have had this red leopard winter weight hanging around for a while and as if by magic the pattern and fabric met up yesterday and beautiful music was made. It looks great with black leggings as the back is really long. I am now looking for another fabric to make this up in as I feel I will own a few of them and would like to use some contrasting colours.

V8771




I also made up KwikSew 3952 in this lovely ridged knit. I have made this fabric up in the past in the cream and it is just so well behaved and washes like a rag. This will be a great topper to throw on when I am freezing in NZ next week. I am lucky enough to be able to visit the land of the long white rain cloud for 2 weeks and  plan on seeing a bit of the east coast. I will also get my colours done and do a style session with a lady in Auckland so that will be fun. The weather forecast is for lots of rain this weekend so that means either a dry weekend or lots of sewing if they are right, not much so far. Oh, my shoulder is still really painful and makes trying clothes on a nightmare, hell everything is painful, but I get the needle on Tuesday so relief after that. If not I will become a drug addict.
Don't forget to turn and have a great weekend.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment