Thursday 3 January 2013

2 January

Well hello 2013 and here we all are in one piece. It was touch and go for a while there I know what with the mayans and the pollies both set to drive us to ultimate ruin. While the mayans have gone the pollies are still around to wreck their vengence. It will be an interesting year in politics with a number of interesting items still yet to be resolved.
Sewing is going well if not slowly. New Look 6912 view A with a 3/4 length lace sleeve and lace overlay in the waist band.


Looks a bit bridal but is a really pretty dress. It has a different skirt to the pattern as I wanted something that would drape and flow and not be as structured as the 6 gore skirt. The lining is now sewn in, by hand no less! The front was being pulled down by the weight of the skirt and needed a lining to hold it up in place. I also lined the skirt as it was fairly transparent . It look lovely on and when I get it hemmed I will take photos on a live dummy. I am still working on the muslin for the Susan Kjalie dress and have a bit of a fitting dilemma. Do I wait a couple of weeks or just make it tight now? Time might actually solve this problem as in, it will take me weeks to get much more done!
 Dogs panting hard today, Temp 40c

No comments:

Post a Comment